Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jumpin' on the Blogwagon

Everyone has a blog these days.  Why not me?  I've been toying with the idea for a while, but, like I do with many things, I kept coming up with reasons NOT to do it.  It's just one more thing to do.  I'm too busy.  I'll never keep up with it (We'll see!) blahblahblah.  Well, here I be.  I can blog about my mundane life as well as any of you jokers.  Mama's going to let loose.


 If you're reading this, I'll assume you know me at least a little bit, so I'm going to avoid giving any background information.

Topic of the week for our household has been the dreaded F word.  We try not to drop the F-bomb around here, but its been floating around the air ever since yesterday when I realized my backup supply of frozen breastmilk was running low. That's right, I'm talking about formula.  Ben has never had a drop of the stuff and I have major issues with him having any starting now, or ever.  I have a lot of reasons for not giving him formula, the least of which being the worry that he'll turn into an overweight couch potato with acne who is addicted to Cheetos and other forms of junk food.  Obviously, breast is best nutritionally, but I have major issues with the formula establishment in general.  It's profit driven.  What kind of cows milk is it made from?  Powdered formula isn't sterile and practically has a poison symbol on it.  Etc etc.  I prefer that Ben eats "off the grid"  as much as possible and I hope to accomplish this by exclusively nursing him and making him as much baby food (and home cooked meals in the future) as I possibly can. 
So all of this culminated in me having a mini  panic-attack in the formula aisle at Target today (after some very intensive label-reading) and stomping off without buying any.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, as my last 4oz pouch of back-up breastmilk is in the fridge thawing out for him to have at daycare tomorrow.  Hopefully my body will cooperate and put out the requisite 16oz he requires each day at daycare during my pumping sessions tomorrow.  Come on boobs, don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment